Blogoversary January 10, 2010Posted by yenrules in Rocked.
add a comment
Happy New Year everyone.
As I celebrate my 3rd blogovesary here on WordPress, I find my blog to be extra boring. So on March 12, 2010, I will be closing this blog, and will be blogging through Tumblr. (yennnnn.tumblr.com)
The reason for this is that I want to explore more on my creative outlets, and Tumblr helped me to do that.
So as I close this blog, thank you for the 3 wonderful years, thank you for reading my blog.
Yen Ruiz. 😀
November November 10, 2009Posted by yenrules in Rocked.
add a comment
It’s freakin November, and what am I up to? NOTHING.
I’m reviewing for that freakin’ NCLEX exam next year, and I can’t focus so much because it’s freakin HOT! IT’S LIKE 196F here! OMG! Somebody suck me into the cave of A/Cs!
So how am I doin’ so far?
I passed the June 2009 Nursing Licensure Examinations, and I just got my license. Yay. Obviously I ain’t gunna post my license here… too much info can lead to drama. Hahahaha. Yeah.
In September 2009, my Mom and I went to New York. Greatest city ever. Eventually I’m gunna go back there, cause I have a life there, and man, it’s just freakin beautiful. Wooooo! Hehehe. As they say,
“New York. If you can make it here, YOU CAN MAKE IT ANYWHERE!”
I was just sad that I needed to go back here because I already started work there. I’m kinda hating the fact that I went home cause people tend to stare at me like, “Oh well, she failed.” NO I DID NOT. My dad just wanted to clear up things so that he’ll be comfortable enough to let go of me when that time comes. F those people to judge me so much.
But then, I’m just really sad about what happened to my hometown here in the Philippines. Climate change brought so much drama into the lives of so many people, including my former high school, my high school classmates, and my church friends. Even though we weren’t affected, I was traumatized (and I was miles away from home). I was afraid of that flood, that murky water that changed my life forever. You see, I had a terrible experience back in high school. Our building was low, and the lower class men were assigned to the first floor. So yeah, when it rains, it really pours. It even gave us free flood water enough to suspend classes! So YES! I AM AFRAID OF THE FLOOD!
And now, i feel like I suck at life again. I go to sleep late, I wake up late, and I can’t concentrate with my review. I already started with cleaning up my desk, establishing my body clock and getting on with it. I just hope i can do this till the very end. I don’t wanna fail my parents. I don’t.
I listen to Don’t Stop Believing by Journey every time I feel like this. I know its lame, but it really helped me.
NOW ON TO STEP 2!
Whatevers. June 19, 2009Posted by yenrules in Rocked.
So yeah I’ve been in our house for like 2 weeks now.
Bummer. Now I got nothing to do.
I work for our biz every night, and supposedly, tomorrow (that’s later) I’m gunna go to the branches cause the crew are killing mom and dad with their overdue breaks. I’m staying in for a while cause my dentist needs me to get my teeth restored. I’ll tell you when its 100% finished.
Why am I online right now?
I just watched Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist and man I’m telling ya, it’s A-W-E-S-O-M-E! if you’re a DIE HARD (and I seriously mean) a DIE HARD fan of music whatevers, I recommend you this movie. I watched it on my iPod (I like watching movies before I go to sleep) and this movie really tore me from the moonlight glow of slumber, it pushed my addiction to arrange more and more music. YAY! Haha.
Yes, I also arrange music for everyone. If you wanna hear it, try to click
and look for these tracks: Smiley and The Playful Musician.
And if God allows you to like it and you wanna have it on your iPods or Zunes or whatever you wanna call it, just leave a comment here, and I’ll e-mail you where you can download it.
And NO, the dumb dumb dumb Download button in Imeem will not really download the song. Don’t be so excited. Hahaha.
I am now barking like a dog asking for ingredients at Restaurant City. Yay what’s new. Addicting. Very addicting.
Alright, I am still not sleepy… forget all the things I wrote above, except for the MOVIE AND THE TRACKS! Hahaha!
Oh and if and only if you wanna talk to me or you got a problem or something, or maybe you think that I could help you out, message me on Facebook. I’d like to be your Restaurant City neighbor, or a familiar face at Mafia Wars, Barn Buddy, Sorority life, and I also like to be your poker buddy. SERIOUSLY.
See you when I see you,
PS: I’m like seriously plugging myself on the internet. So LAME. Hahaha!
Indians Fascinate Me. June 13, 2009Posted by yenrules in Rocked.
1 comment so far
Yes, you read that right. They fascinate me. Their culture, their clothes… Oh well. We have two Indian neighbors back in Pampanga, and I have a crush on their little kid! His name is Bishal. (I’m not pedo! He’s just really cute.)
I got a chance to watch them during the new years. They’ll celebrate with lots and lots and LOTS of firecrackers. Many of you know “watusi” right? Well, what they did was they put out the whole box, then they’llput a matchstick inside. And that’s the end of it. Normally, we Filipinos enjoy the thing one by one. So, what we did at 2am, we picked up those stuff and then we enjoyed ourselves till dawn.
The other stuff that they pull off is how they dance. Man, I love their dancing. Check out Signature here. They’re a two-men dance act who’s really sooo WOW. Haha.
Woohoo. I just watched it a couple of days ago, and man. It’s sooo great. It really deserves the Best Picture award from the Oscars.
And yes! They believe in destiny. And they love Chai Tea!
Pilipinas Kong Mahal! June 12, 2009Posted by yenrules in Rocked.
Final Coaching! At SM North Cinema 8, with Mam Anaski Marquez
Grabbed from Fau’s multiply site
The two photos above depicts April and May 2009. 😀
Now I get to have my time, I got roughly 8 weeks before the results of the June 2009 Nursing Licensure Exam. Yes, I took the board exam last June 6-7, 2009, and I was assigned at Juan Luna Elementary School. The proctors there were really designed to sabotage nursing students! During Day 1, they won’t let us use our clipboards, so I had a difficult time shading my answers. Haha. Well anyway, I trust God, so I need to worry. =D
June 12, 2009 marks the 110th year celebration of our freedom from the Spaniards. As we all know, our ancestors had been conquered by Spain, US, and Japan for 400 years.
Well anyway, I enjoy writing this because I love my blood so much.
* The Ruiz family came from a Spanish ancestry.
* We came from the north, primarily in Asingan, Pangasinan.
* My Mom speaks Itawis (Cagayan dialect) and Ilocano. My dad also speaks Ilocano.
* I go home to Baguio to relax. My cousins live there, and I frequently visit them every now and then.
* Although I plan to work in the US, my heart belongs here.
* In line with that, stereotypes regarding Filipina women should be trashed. It’s crap!
* My fave Filipino dishes are Kare-kare and Binagoongan.
* My dream is to see the beauty of the Philippines, with a handy dSLR cam!
*Filipinos are the happiest people in Asia! (according to SWS and MTV Asia)
* My dream tandem in politics would be (Lord help them) Panfilo Lacson and Loren Legarda. Man, they are soooo ready for Philippine rocking. Too bad they won’t run in the 2010 elections.
Bagets na bagets!
* Check out Manny Pacquiao and his mom, Aling Dionisia. I sooo love Aling Dionisia! She’s a typical Filipino mother who raised a son with dignity. I so love her!
* And now, i hope all Filipinos would realize the beauty of being a Filipino. (hello to BakitWhy.com!)
This is just a quick post, I suffered from intense stomachache and diarrhea and vomitting. And I don’t know why! I’m sleepy but I’m fine. =D
add a comment
Its kinda long. But its really worth reading.
From June 2008 till now, I can’t stop thanking God for all the blessings He had given me. The pain, the hardwork, and the laughters we’ve shared all through it all.
First of all, what is the PRC com? Who are they?
This question was not really a famous one, for it was the start of a very very very busy/TOXIC life. According to the other batches, it is a TICKET TO HELL. You see, as nursing students, we are required to complete 25 cases from the OR/DR complex. It is not just a PRC requirement, but an academic requirement as well.
The Batch Insignis 2009 comprises 425 students, 390+ of which were determined to conquer the June 2009 Nursing Licensure Examinations. However, 13 students in the batch opted to accept the duty as a part of the Insignis PRC committee. Their main “job description” was to handle the forms, make them presentable and perfect as possible, as well as complete. Seems easy to do? Hmm. The PRC commisionners are the UNSUNG HEROES OF BATCH INSIGNIS.
At first, I was hesitant to take such a large responsibility, not just for my section but for the whole batch as well. Many times I had cursed this job, many times I wanted to quit. But no. God did not allow me. And I am grateful for never giving up.
We are composed of 425 students in our batch. Let us just say, 10 forms filled with cases are from each student of the batch (But many of which had 14-15 forms/student, mine was 16 forms). So that’s 4, 250 forms that we had to fix through it all. Some became lost, others were rejected by clinical instructors because of wrong numbers, AND EVERY SINGLE LETTER IN THAT FORM WAS SO IMPORTANT, IT WILL TAKE YOUR SANITY OUT OF YOU.
I remember one time, the chief nurse from one of our affiliations called us up and said, “You have to reprint all *** forms, my name is D-O-N-A. Not D-O-N-N-A. Go figure. We have spent 2 reams per section, liters of ink, print heads blew because of the demand of the printing services.
…every success in life do not just show up and appear that instant. You’ll have to stumble unto rocks and thorns to go through.
Allow me to enumerate these rocks and thorns:
1. Class standings. I remember one time, Rinna cried out of depression, she wasn’t satisfied with her result and ranking in the Pre-board examination… All of us were full of regrets why why why did we take that job? I too wasn’t satisfied with the result.
2. Complaints, complaints, complaints. I had stumbled upon people who were very impatient, had not have the ability to listen to us, and whatsoever. These were my personal nightmares. One of the members of the PRC com became my “psychotherapist” because of these. My primary goal that time was this: “I cannot see myself as a failure in this job. I cannot FAIL. I should not FAIL.” This is for the reason that, my ears cannot accommodate such barbaric expressions. THIS WAS THE HARDEST PART OF BEING A COMMISSIONER, to wear your invisible and permeable (much as you wanted it to) HEADPHONES. *enough with the misty eyes….* But what did I do along those reklamadors? (sorry for the term, once in my life allow me to say this term unto everyone who really do offended the PRC com) I accepted them, took their attitudes one by one, passing through my ears, unto my heart, and helped me set my mind, I CAN DO THIS.
3. Reprints. All those hatred within those forms rose up when the reprints were starting to grow in tens, twenties and even forty PRC forms that needs to be signed correctly. I think this was really the reason why they are so many forms which got lost in the run.
4. Time with family. My family’s the greatest people given to me by God. They are my angels, my kabarkadas. There was one time that I suffered from homesickness even if I was living here in Antipolo with them, under one roof. There came a time when my dad was teary eyed and he shook his head and said, “Isang linggo ka na naming hindi nakakausap. Gabi ka na umuuwi, di ka na nagdidinner dito. Sa umaga, ang aga mo umalis. Aalis ka, walang araw. Uuwi ka, wala ring araw.Alam kong sa ngayon busy ka talaga. Pero anak, namimiss na kita. Namimiss ka na namin. Kailan ba matatapos yan?”
There were so many hindrances we’ve encounted for the last 11 months, but these topped the list.
Blessings do come as disguises, yes. These were the memorable things I will treasure forever:
1. PRC com friends. I never really imagined i’ll be friends with these guys. These are the people whom I shared all the laughter, the tears, the pain and and and… the FOOD! I love you guys. I do.
2. Faculty friends. To our second family, the faculty, to Mother Maida, Mother Bea, Sir John Lorena, Mam Pam, Mam Joy (my boy lollipop!), Mam Jas, Mam Olive (SLAAAAASH!),and to our beloved Dean Luna (our picture buddy), we really thank you for everything.
*Especially you, Mam Jas, whom we shared our stressful breaks in FACEBOOK! Hahhaha!
>> and to those faculty members who constantly notice me early at school, Mam Nanette, Mam Buhat, Mam Levosada,Mam Pekson, Sir Roel… sorry I just realized wala akong dalang pandesal every morning… haha. 😀
3. Batchmates, allow me to give my deepest gratitude to everyone who helped us fix the forms, the stickers, the arrangement of the forms, and to those who have appreciated us, promise, nakakawala ng pagod at antok ang bigyan ka ng chocolate, who repeatedly reminded me, MATULOG KA NAMAN! and ang sabihan ka ng God bless You, BIGTIME!
4. Dad, thank you for spending time with me, our roadtrips to Meycauayan, Valenzuela and MMLDC, thank you. You know how much I love you. Mom, thank you for your constant reminders, to force me to sleep even if I know it was 6am already and the bus to Liliw departs at 8am… Love you!
And then again, to these guys:
Kirby, Cynric, Ella, Fau, Ebony, Howell, Jasper, Lai, Cleng, Ron, Rinna, Randy, Marvin, Terence, *ako din*, Sir Franco, Sir Pao, Sir Roy, Sir Arman, Mam Kay, Mam Em, Mam Maida, Mam Bea, Mam Pam, Mam Joy, Sir John, Mam O, and Dean Luna.
Please give them the appreciation that they deserve: TOP THE BOARD EXAMS.
Go 100% INSIGNIS!
Just remember this verse:
“Therefore I say unto you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe it and it will be yours.” Mark 11:24
God bless SLCN, BIGTIME! =D
Last Semester! November 11, 2008Posted by yenrules in Rocked.
Can’t believe it. My last semester in college. Hahaha! But our dean said we shouldn’t make assurances that’ll ease up our minds. But I’m having a good time right now. Cause I really need to focus on my studies, as well as PRC.
But there is one catch.
Maaaannn. (here i go again, ranting about blahs)
My schedule for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday for the whole semester:
i usually get up at 6AM then go to school 8:30-ish (you see, I live in a faraway land)
10:00 AM – 12:30 – Leadeship and Management
1:00 PM – 5:00 PM – Comprehensive Review for Board Exam
WHY WHY WHY LORD! WHY! Why the 30 minute break! Why wake up at 6 AM in the morning!
Then for the rest of the week, I got rotations.
Well, many people says second semesters always pass very very fast… you wont even know its March already.
Dates for FREEDOM:
TUA Graduation at PICC – April 8, 2009
SLCN Clinical Graduation at UP – March 28, 2009
Hehehe. Got two graduations. Double expenses.
Speaking of expenses, I am currently saving for a Design Your Life 2009planner, its 399 each… and you can see the deets here. I AINT PLANNING TO SAVE AND BUY ONE AT STARBUCKS. (Di ako rich kid. Hehe)
Keep rockin the world. 🙂
Walang Bago? November 8, 2008Posted by yenrules in Rocked.
Yep. Monthly blogging. Hehe.
I wasn’t able to be with my blog for a really long time, not because I’m busy, but because we kinda didn’t have a semestral break. Yes, I was able to sleep well, but my mind was preoccupied on some things.
1. Someone left me.
“I got tired.” Was all he could say.
Major LOL. Being a usual reader of my posts, you absolutely didn’t know that Im able to extend to you mylove-life-ish. hehe. Yep, someone left me. When I told this to my comfort zone, they just asked why didn’t I ask what in the world did i do to make him tired of me. Blah blah, there’s no point in asking, when the decision was already been made. But hey, I’ve totally moved on. Cause my friends never left me. And besides, I need to really focus on my board review.
WHOO! EDITED. I JUST WANT TO SHARE THIS EXCERPT FROM A BLOGSITE.
Isang hapon ay nagkwekwentuhan ang magbarkada sa may isawan sa kanto habang nag-memerienda.
Ederlyn: Eto, I have a question para sa inyo ga. Ano ang pinakamasakit na experience ang naranasan na ninyu?
Napaisip ang iba.
Dodong: Siguro sa akin ay yung pagpili sa isang babae pero parehong mahal mo ang dalawa. Para talagang nahahati ang puso ko. (sabay kagat sa isaw)
Ederlyn: Ay yung sa akin yung binuhos mo ang pagmamahal mo sa isang lalaki pero kulang pa rin at iniwan ka. (sabay lagok sa softdrink)
Ethan: Wala pa ko masyadong experience pagdating sa sa pagmamahal eh. Siguro masakit na sa’ken yung binati mo ng good morning pero di ka pinansin. Hehehe. (sabay kagat sa bananacue)
Inday: I guess mine would be not showing my affection to someone and by the time that I realize that he’s the one I love, he’s slowly pulling away. (sabay subo sa baon nyang blanched green and white asparagus with lemon thyme and Parmesan vinaigrette)
(Parehong pareho kami ni Inday… [insert Nina’s Someday song here]
Pulubi: Sa akin naman yung bihis na bihis ka na pero di ka pala kasama sa lakad. Sakit nun. Hirap kaya ako maghanap ng maisusuot tapos di rin pala ako kasama. Tsk. (hihingi pa sa kinakain ni Inday)
Napatingin na lang sila Inday sa pulubing nakiki-merienda.
2. Twilight Series. Most of the people reading this stuff were girls. They just fell in love with the Edward Cullen-Bella Swan love adventure. I must admit, I am a fan too, but I did liked Stephenie Meyer’s writing too. I just notice, she really loves describing lip actions. (No not kissing!) But the face descriptions. You can really feel the happiness, the agony, the emotion, even if its not Robert Pattinson you’re imagining. I am currently reading the last book, Breaking Dawn. I’m about to finish tomorrow. Yay. I just can’t imagine how the moviehouses will react to the striking phenomena of the movie, with all the girls getting excited….. Maybe I’ll watch it on my birthday. *wink*
3. Defense of the Ancients! Yes, Im playing DoTA. But I’m not addicted to it, like some lunatic would skip meals and sleep just for this stupid game. I really find it stupid, cause I’m playing it on the Garena Client. It would connect me to a bunch of gamers who knew nothing but playing DoTA. I just like the conversations…. they’re sooooo immature. Mannnn. Thank God I was never one of the students who would actually rent a computer at a shop for 150 pesos, playing for 8 hours.
4. PRC! Hehe. Mannn. I’m so pissed off with thiss stuff. Nuff said.
So this is why Yen doesn’t blog as much as others do… =D
Take care guys. Keep rockin.
Youchoob Madness Number 2: News! October 14, 2008Posted by yenrules in Rocked.
I was watching the news a while ago, the reporters discussed about the billboards, Miriam Defensor Santiago, inmate committed suicide in jail, and most of all – the “Global Crisis”.
Global Crisis? Hmm. The news OVER exaggerates the crisis. They want people to go on panic buying, commit suicide so as not suffer the consequences of living in hell on earth. 🙂
Well anyway, here’s some videos that make the Filipino Broadcasting Media flip.
(I just hope my foreign readers would be able to deal with this, but yeah this is Filipino stuff and proud of it!)
Video 1: Michael Fajatin’s Pag-Aaway sa Simula
Video 2: effect of illegal drugs on people – A FUNNY HEALTH TEACHING FOR EVERYONE!
(And yeah, all you people can understand it)
Mind you, Michael Fajatin also covered the story.. nyehahhahahah
Lemme hear you say …OMG!!!!
Video 3: Just play it.
I love him! hahahha! =D
As of the moment, this song tops on my iPod:
Super duper love it.
>>David Choi will not smile unless reaches 77,777 subscribers. Okay? SO GO SUBSCRIBE! hehe
Visit them please! =D
Blue Boy in Pasig October 8, 2008Posted by yenrules in Rocked.
I dunno if you’ll enjoy reading this.
I was learning to drive my Getz (MT) along with Kuya Nelson (driver, since I don’t have much time for practice, I can’t use the car alone) and I drove from my place (Antipolo) down to C5 – Bagong Ilog in Pasig.
When I went through the flyover along Libis, Kuya said I turn right and head to Kamuning (i dunno if its the name), where there is a steep road uphill to Capitol Hills area. The thing is, there is an intersection at the end of the uphill road – at the top. A blue boy (one of the officers of the metro) was managing the traffic there. I was good at hanging, especially handbreak hanging, but at that time, my car died cause I was too early to let go of the clutch. I panicked, because a peach Honda City was behind me, and honking too hard that I can no longer remember my driving lessons! This happened three times, so yeah, technically I was violating a road rule – obstruction.
We were asked to park at the right side of the road, when the blue boy let us pass the intersection. Kuya Nelson said, “Nako! Huhulihin tayo! TAKBOOOOO!” (We’re gunna get busted, RUN!)
What I did? Of course I plunged my feet on the accelerator really hard. Seriously. Literally revved the engine. I was going at 3 RPMS as I glanced at the tachometer. Haha. Adrenaline rushed through me – since it’s gunna be my first ticket. If I’m busted, I dunno what will happen to me, cause my coin purse don’t have paper money left, just literally coins, my credit card and my license.
I exhaled once we got off the blue boy, but no, as I looked on the side mirror, he was reporting it on the radio – a blue boy was expecting us at the end of another intersection. So I turned right to Saint Peter St., and we switched places.Kuya drove all the way to LRT Santolan then we picked up my sister.
So much for my driving exercise today. Damn.
Happy Birthday Kuya Jerome!
Yeah yeah. That’s my immature, alien look-a-like brother with our dog, Gabby. =D